Sunday, July 8, 2012

The lonely starfish...

Back in October for my moms birthday our family took a trip to Block Island. We bought tickets for a ferry to take us over. We got on the ferry and I immediately started looking for picture opportunities because I knew there had to be at least one. After a while I had almost given up looking after finding only garbage and dirty water. The only thing I found that looked somewhat cool was these pillars poking out of the water. I kept shooting to try and get a good shot. Finally I noticed this lonely starfish on top of one of the pillars. This really pulled the shot together because now I had something more to focus on. It may not be the prettiest picture but sometimes ugly and broken things make for great pictures!


“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”

-Aaron Siskind

1 comment: